The Paloma is quickly becoming known as the margarita alternative. But, in my opinion, the margarita should watch its back. The Paloma has a refreshing taste that can definitely hold its own. Personally, I have a connection with the grapefruit used in the recipe. My family is from Rio Grande Valley in south Texas. This area is one of the largest producers of grapefruit & my family resides amongst the grapefruit farms. Drinking grapefruit juice (or in this case, grapefruit soda) evokes memories of spending time at my grandparents house. Every time I taste it, I think of it as a tribute to my late grandfather, Alejandro, and I can’t help but smile.
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) reposado tequila
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) grapefruit soda (I used JOIA all natural soda)
- Splash of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Pinch of course sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a shaker.
- Give it a quick shake
- Serve over ice in a salted or unsalted glass with a lime.