Fruit tea is delicious. If you have ever been to Nashville, you know that there are certain places you can get a special kind of fruit tea. It’s like a minty juice-tea hybrid, and it rules. As luck would have it, I ended up with ingredients in my house that I thought, if combined, would make a similarly delicious fruit tea. The results were pretty fab. Here it is:
Makes 2 cups of tea
- 1 Tazo® Zen Green Tea with Lemongrass and Spearmint K-Cup or Tea Bag (Having spearmint is an important part of the fruit tea equation)
- Orange, Pineapple and Banana or Orange Pineapple Juice (I used Dole®)
- 2 spoonfuls of sugar (Also an important part of the equation, because well, it’s the South)
- Brew tea either in your Keurig or 8 oz. of hot water. Brew in a 2-cup measuring cup.
- Add 2 spoonfuls of sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add ice cubes until tea is at 1 ¾ cup line. Stir until ice cubes are mostly melted and tea is relatively cold.
- Fill with juice up to the 2 cup mark.
- Pour into cup(s) and add more ice then DRINK UP!