Hi. My name is Lauren & I am having woman problems. Don’t you love it when you wake up one day & realize that you are not a skinny as you use to be? It starts slow. First you see a couple of extra lbs. on the scale. Not too big of a deal…water weight fluctuation, right? Then it’s five pound (I can lose that easy)…then 10…then, there you are sitting in a meeting, unable to focus because all you want to do it undo the top button of your pant. It’s maddening. It can send the best of us into a deep depression. You want to buy new clothes…but that means you’ve given up. Right? You no longer have the expectation of being in the body that you once had. You feel like a totally different person walking down the street. For me, self-esteem took a blow to the chest.
For me, 15 pounds is too much. I want my life back & I intend to do everything in my power to make that happen. This weight gain happened slowly – about half a pound per week over the last seven months. I am not looking for a quick fix. I plan on making small changes in behavior that will lead to long-term weight loss success via these lifestyle changes – slow on, slow off. I have already started making changes. I am 71 days off caffeine (this was hard, but my body is thanking me now) – which has lead to a dramatic increase in water intake. I have also started closely monitoring my activity level – making an intentional effort to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. And trust me…it is intentional. When you have a desk job, like me, I need an extra 5K a day to get in all of the steps.
The crux of my weight gain has everything to do with food! Bodies are made in the kitchen, right? I have the hardest time monitoring my caloric intake. I have a nasty habit of saying, “Oh, I can eat this. I’ll start watching my calories TOMORROW.” It’s always tomorrow. This will be the biggest habit change of all…self-control.
To kick off this weight loss journey I have done a couple of things.
- Enlisted the help of the Lose It app on my iPhone.
- To lose half a pound a week, my net caloric intake must not exceed 1,733.
- Losing half a pound a week, it will take me 31 weeks to reach my goal.
- Fitbit & Fitbit App – this little device is great for tracking your activity throughout the day. I can sync it with my Lose It app for a comprehensive look at my calories in vs. out.
- My new secret weapons, Plexus Slim & Accelerator. I found these gems through a friend on Facebook who has had MAJOR success with the products – losing weight & inches & gaining a ton of energy. I was skeptical at first, but after about a month of thinking about it, I decided to take the 7 day challenge & lost 2 pounds! Message me if you want more information on these amazing products!
A journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step. Today is mine. When will you take yours?