My name is Lauren, and I am a coffee addict. I am actually okay with this. I love the aroma & flavor of a fresh cup of black coffee. In the early hours of the morning, there is nothing better than getting my hands on a piping hot cup of joe.
Many mornings I am a slave to the Starbuck drive though next to my house, but there is something truly satisfying about making my morning Americano with my own know-how & two hands. The below recipe makes two 16 oz containers – great for Monday mornings – when I need a double dose!
- 3 tablespoons of espresso beans, ground (I use Starbucks Dark Espresso Roast)
- 1 1/4 cups of cold water (for the coffee maker)
- 3 3/4 cups of water, boiled on stove
- 2, 16 oz hot beverage containers (I use Thermos Brand – and I love them! They keep my coffee hot all day!)
- In an automatic coffee maker, brew the espresso bean – this yields about a cup of finished espresso.
- Pour 1/2 a cup of espresso into each container.
- Fill the remaining space in each container with boiling water.
- Done! Make sure you let the coffee cool off before drinking, it is very hot!