- 3 to 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (I used Jack Daniels)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups Pamela’s Pancake & Baking Mix (gluten free)
- 3/4 cup of almonds, roughly chopped (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla and bourbon, then the spices. Add baking soda and sea salt – continue to mix.
Add Pamela’s Pancake & Baking Mix.
Fold in almonds.
Pour mixture into a buttered 9×13 inch loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
Cool, slice, serve.